Marketers are increasingly using video content to engage audiences. By 2019, global consumer Internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic. The benefits of using video marketing are incredible when it comes to boosting brand awareness, fostering genuine relationships, and moving your viewers to action. You see, video quickly builds trust with your audience. It highlights your brand’s culture, making you relatable and authentic.
In a digital age where more consumers are using video to discover brands and make purchasing decisions, implementing video campaigns is crucial to engaging today’s customer, just look at the following trends.
Higher Response in Marketing Campaigns with Video Content
Statistics confirm users respond more favorably to video content. If fact, they are 300% more likely to respond when a video is included in an email. Consumers view video as more trustworthy because they feel the company has put forth the effort and research to create the content.
Hubspot states that the enjoyment users obtain from watching video content increases intent by 97% and brand association by 139%. The trust built by providing high-quality resourceful video provides many benefits to businesses. Consumers are far more responsive when offered knowledge they may not have obtained without the video content provided. Personalization builds a higher perception of one’s brand and in turn will increase the profitability of your campaign.
So why is this important to you?
Here are 10 statistics you should know about video marketing in 2017.
- By 2017, online video will account for 74% of all online traffic (KPCB).
- 55% of people watch videos online every day (MWP).
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video (MWP).
- Using the word ‘video’ in an email subject line boosts the open rates by 19% (Syndacast).
- Including video in a landing page can increase conversion by 80% (EyeView).
- 4 out of 5 consumers believe that demo videos are helpful (Animoto).
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of all people on the internet (YouTube).
- 48% of marketers plan to add YouTube to their content strategy in the next year (HubSpot).
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users (VidYard).
- People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without (Wistia).
Video marketing is not only a growing trend to engage with customers, but it’s an expectation. Marketers will be creating more video ads, especially on Facebook and Instagram, as they yield more engagement and higher click through rates than traditional static ads.
Now that we have convinced you on the significance of video and how to get started our next feature blog will provide more discussion on the growth of video within the various social media platforms, Facebook and Instagram. We will share interesting trends and how to get started, for example when is the best time to publish.